This Time.. Last Year.. Everything Was So Different

just girly things

Yes, indeed. 

Things are so different compared to last year. This statement makes me pause for awhile and think back all those events that has happened on me during my post au pair life. 

This time.. Last year..

I moved in a shared apartment to live with my husband. Together we shared the apartment with 3 other male medical students. The down part of living with male was hygiene issue. Boy never (never is a strong word. How about rarely?) gives a fuck of doing house chores and keeping the house clean and tidy. In the end, I became the person who cares about the cleanliness of the bathroom and kitchen. No matter how much you cleaned, you just can't keep up with all the mess of 3-4 people made. Am I the person to blame because I'm a clean freak? 

Then, we moved in to a small studio situated above a garage. It is small and cozy. Surely enough space for 2 humans and 2 animals. However, no capacity for another human. Do asked my parents for clarification if you want to know how tiny this place is. No matter how tiny the living space is, nothing beats having your own space. I can now scrub down the house as much as I want. 

This time.. Last year..

I bid farewell to my wonderful host family. My 2-year of astonishing au pair experience had came to an end. The parting was sad (I told myself not to cry but I did. What do you expect? It's me you're talking about) but on the other side I was so eager to start my new life with my husband. I still remember the moment when he showed up on the front door and pick me up with his now-nearly-a-piece-of-junk red Subaru. We then happily headed off for our truly newlywed life. 

Even though we got married on April 2014, we still have to live apart because of my job position. Time seems so precious as we only see each other during the weekends. As for now we get to share every single moment together and make things happened.

Married life can be filled with ups and downs. There are times when we feel angry, annoyed, frustrated, or upset. On the other hand there are times when we feel utterly in love, connected, and happy. Over the time we learn how to listen and communicate when difficulties arise. We strive our best to make thing works instead of making it worst. That is so grow-up things to say. Can't believe I'm saying this.

This time.. Last year..

I found a job working as a part-time sale in a music store. I would never guess I am this lucky to be able to find a job within 2 months time frame. Things are good here in the store. What amazed me is the difference of learning an instrument between here and Malaysia. Speaking from my perspective, I learn how to play piano since young. Every piano student is encourage to take ABRSM exam as a benchmark. The higher marks you get, the faster you get to grade 8, the better you are. However, I don't see any student doing the same thing here. They are more cultivate to perform on a showcase or recital rather than taking any exams. Two distinctive learning styles.

I know I won't stay on this path for long. I am looking forward to change my job direction soon.

This time.. Last year..

I took care of two witty, active, cute, and sweet little kids that drove me nuts sometimes. Now I'm a mom of two - a black labrador named Major and a black fat cat named Ren Ren. Oh, should I include another big playful kid too?

This past year's experience has make me the person who I am today. All these flashbacks put a smile on my face as I'm sitting here typing away. I can't stop but wonder how blissful is this life.  

Comments

missshu said…
Your life changed so much! in a good way! haha life is good :)

Popular posts from this blog

Nawlins a.k.a New Orleans (19-26/2/2014)

04/21/2014,老娘是人妻了!

喂,部落格的名字去了哪里?